Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Faith and Fitness: Better Together

I came across an interesting verse this morning.  It struck me and stuck with me.  

It honestly got me through the last few minutes of my run.   

It was half a verse from 1st Corinthians.  To paraphrase, it said the body is meant for the Lord and the Lord for the body. 


The context of the verse is a warning against sexual promiscuity, but it applies to more than that.  There are plenty of times in scripture where we are taught to honor our bodies, respect them and worship God by being good stewards of them. 

As my body was trying to quit during the last two minutes of my run this morning, that was all I could think about, and it got me through. 

This body was meant for the Lord, and the Lord for me.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  The Lord for the body, the body for the Lord. 

And soon enough, I heard the "well done" of my British trainer come over my headphones and I was so grateful that I'd taken a moment to read before I hit the pavement today.

I don't know how people run without the Lord to support them. 

Actually, I don't know how people do anything without the Lord to support them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment